Swisscontact is a leading organization for the implementation of international development projects. We promote inclusive economic, social, and ecological development to make an effective contribution toward sustainable and widespread prosperity in developing and emerging economies.
In Nepal, Swisscontact is registered as an International Non-Governmental Organization that started its operations in 1991 with the initiation of the Training Institute for Technical Instruction programme. Currently, Swisscontact Nepal has five development programmes across all seven provinces, with a well-functioning country office that employs over 50 national and international staff members.
Swisscontact invites applications from committed and experienced Nepali citizens for the following position for the Step-Up project.
Process Manager (01- Bhaktapur Based)
- Location: Bhaktapur with frequent field visits.
- Reports to: Deputy Team Leader (Program)
- Time: 100% (8 hours a day and 5 days a week)
- Duration: One year with the possibility of extension based on satisfactory performance
- JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Deputy Team Leaders in terms of strategic direction, reporting, program implementation, development of standards and framework, impact measurement and knowledge management.
- Support design of the capacity development strategies for the project partners and its stakeholders.
- Ensure proper planning and lead the process and products development of NVQS
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders and ensure partnerships are made based on the need of the strategies.
- Mobilize subject matter relevant experts to make sure that the key products are developed on time.
- Exhibit strong competencies in managing pilot projects, documenting lessons learnt, and facilitating the exchange of ideas and information between different NVQS stakeholders.
- Ensure implementation of monitoring activities.
- Ensure regular follow-up of project activities in the field.
- Contribute to relevant project reports.
- Ensure quality assurance of project deliverables.
- Support in preparing annual business plans (yearly plans of operation) and budgets for the NVQS project.
- Prepare for key meetings, workshops, and related activities and prepare materials as needed to expand the outreach and advocacy for wider acceptance of NVQS in Nepal.
- Facilitate inputs of actors and stakeholders of NVQS and the team members for various federal and provincial level events and prepare event reports.
- Seek inputs and guidance from the sector-specific industry skill committees as well as from relevant industries ensuring the quality of the standards and competency-based curriculum.
- Contribute to Federal State Building and related themes as per the project approach.
- Facilitate to form and ensure the functioning of Sector Skills Committees.
- Coordinate and facilitate to development of National Competency Standards.
- Support the implementation of the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) approach.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and work experience of vocational qualifications systems and the importance of quality management systems.
- Advanced communication skills in both English and Nepali (verbal and written).
- Ability and willingness to work in a team to deliver high-quality outputs within deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- Experience in roles and interrelationships among national and international organizations; federal, provincial, and local governments in the program development and implementation process.
- Proficiency in MS Office work and Internet use and project management tools.
- Strong communication and networking skills with the government and private sector stakeholders.
- Willingness and ability to frequent travel within Nepal.
Education + Experience
- Master or higher degree in relevant field (education, management, engineering, business studies, development studies).
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in relevant field (development cooperation, TVET sector, NGO/INGO on planning and development of training and learning materials). TVET experience is preferable.
- At least 2 years of management experience.
Please submit (a) Job Application Form, (b) Updated CV with at least two referees, and (c) a Cover Letter to
“email@example.com” latest by 09 July 2022.
Please mention the position applied for in the "subject" line of your email.
Swisscontact Nepal shall not entertain any phone inquiries or other such solicitations for the position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the selection process. Swisscontact Nepal reserves the right to reject any or all applications.
Swisscontact Nepal promotes workforce diversity and applies positive discrimination to candidates from discriminated groups (Women, Dalit, Janajati, Madhesi/Terai, and other minority communities).