Qualification, Experience, and Skills
▪ Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field – e.g., Management, Social Science, Business Administration, Development Studies, or the equivalent.
▪ Minimum two years of work experience in the development sector, private sector, and/or NGOs or development projects/programs.
▪ Excellent time management and problem-solving skills.
▪ Ability to work accurately with close attention to details, and to meet deadlines.
▪ Ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
▪ Demonstrate a high level of ethical behaviour.
▪ Competent in IT skills, including experience in Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
▪ Ability to communicate in written and spoken English.
▪ Knowledge and/or experience in administration and finance-related work. Competencies
• Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
• Self-development, initiative-taking.
• Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity.
• Acting as a team player and facilitating teamwork.
• Creating synergies through self-control.
• Managing conflict. • Informed and transparent decision-making.
• Client-oriented, internally and externally.
• Political, cultural and gender-sensitive and committed to TVET development in Nepal. Working Conditions and Environment
• This will be applicable in accordance with the Swisscontact Staff Manual.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Compliance with policies, rules/regulations, and guidelines
• Adhere to relevant policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and guidelines of Swisscontact Nepal (Financial and Operation Manuals, Code of Conduct Against Corruption, Conflict of Interest, Basic Operating Guideline (BOG), Local Security Management Plan, Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Guideline and other specific policies guidelines and manuals applicable for the NVQS-II). Nepal We create opportunities www.swisscontact.org/en/country/nepal
2. Support for Program Implementation (60%)
• Lead role in updating the project database including the inventories of assessors, assessment centres, NCS developers, assessment package developers, or RPL officers in the assigned Province.
• Support the implementation and monitoring of project activities as per the agreed Yearly Plan of Operation (YPO) with close collaboration with the Provincial Project Support Unit (PPSU) team.
• Assist to implement all the preparatory activities outlined for the RPL implementation.
• Support provincial PPSU team in terms of program planning, implementation, and development of processes and tools.
• Support the PPSU team to develop a periodic report, to document the processes, lessons learned, best practices, case studies and other relevant information.
3. Program Administration and Logistics (30%)
• Prepare for meetings and events by taking charge of arrangements of venues, logistics, etc. in close collaboration with the PPSU team.
• Identification and selection of vendors for the procurement of office supplies and fleet management for travelling of team members at the province level.
• Carry out all finance-related work such as fund calculations, fund requisitions, collection of quotations, and collection of supporting documents from service providers or vendors.
• Review the claims, collect supporting documents, and make a payment or coordinate with Admin and Finance team at federal for the disbursement of the payments to the vendors.
• Operationalize the petty cash book at the provincial office within a given ceiling and procedure defined by the project.
• Support Technical Coordinator to prepare monthly expenditure forecast and support for the preparation of monthly financial reports as per the requirements of the project.
• Be responsible for proper office management and safeguarding of office assets.
• Arrange for dispatch of and receive necessary materials, parcels, and equipment through courier services.
• Support to maintain a project logbook such as telephone logs, vehicle logbooks, and fixed and non-fixed assets’ registers, etc.
• Support Project Support Unit (PSU) at the federal office to prepare and execute internal and external project audits. 4. Coordination, Collaboration, and Networking (10%)
• Support Technical Coordinator to coordinate with provincial governments, Province CTEVT, local governments, and private sector stakeholders to implement the YPO.
• Support the Technical Coordinator to liaise with relevant stakeholders and establish partnerships based on the need of the assigned Province.
• Contribute to establishing a good network among the stakeholders, service providers, and vendors, etc.
• Participate in the program as a representative of PPSU in case of the unavailability of the Technical Coordinator and Monitoring officer.
• Proactively seek and contribute to inter-project collaboration with other projects of Swisscontact Nepal as well as with other SDC-funded projects wherever possible.
5. Other Specific Responsibilities
• Professionally discharge other tasks assigned by the line manager.
Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field – e.g., Management, Social Science, Business Administration, Development Studies, or the equivalent.
Please submit (a) Job Application Form, (b) Updated CV with at least two referees, and (c) Cover Letter to “email@example.com” latest by 7 October 2022. Please mention the position applied for in the "subject" line of your email