To be responsible for the procurement of commodities through the development and implementation of commodity strategy plans and the management of supplier relationships. Other areas of responsibility include price negotiation, planning, production, inventory control, quality control, and factory control.
- Monitor macro trends in supplier and contract base and implement plans to react.
- Build and develop relationships with key suppliers and customers.
- Identify and develop training opportunities. Lead the procurement group in all phases.
- Order materials and services as per negotiated and appropriately approved. Review quotations.
- Prepare purchase requisitions, approve and issues purchase orders in accordance with company policy and negotiated terms and conditions.
- Track Purchasing activity and measurements.
- Training purchasing Clerks and Salesmen in the department.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable new goods or services with users, vendors and others to determine the cause of the problem and take corrective and preventative action.
- Ensure supplier compliance with site and company requirements for safety.
- Assist department in developing and implementing purchasing strategies for products. Manage vendor relationships and assist in building effective partnerships.
- Responsible for planning, developing and buying materials, parts, supplies and equipment in a timely and cost-effective way; timely manner while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications.
- Develop and review purchase requests and ensure authorization as necessary to facilitate the timely purchase of new food products.
- Liaise with Accounts Payable Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for the business with the supplier.
Education + Experience
- Bachelor/ MBA / diploma in retail management or equivalent qualification.