- Manage and supervise IT staff members, monitor performance and appraisals. Conduct regular IT meetings, assign and document IT task, activities and project progress.
- Proactively research, prepare and recommend IT strategies, policies, solutions and procedures by evaluating impact analysis and organizational objectives.
- Draft ITS annual budget and manage approved IT budgets ensuring compliance and cost effectiveness for the ITS Team
- Develop, implement, and evaluate IT projects in line with organizational objectives.
- Monitor and manage IT operations, including ServiceDesk, Thapathali and cluster networks, server systems, office 365 cloud platform, power system, PABX and backup systems ensuring secure and smooth delivery of IT services.
- Ensure IT processes, projects, network, hosted applications are well documented and timely updated using SharePoint platform. Prepare end users procedures, manual and administrative manuals as appropriate.
- Identify threats and vulnerabilities and ensure security of data, network access, backup systems and end user systems.
- Ensure ServiceDesk issues are resolved in a timely manner. Upon being passed an issue, comments or recommendation, provide support and assume responsibility to address the problematic area. Define the service level requirement and maintain service level agreement.
- Ensure IT system is maintained and updated as per government compliance, technological trends and organizational need.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing IT policies and standards.
- Provide orientation, awareness and training support to non-technical end users and IT staff regarding IT services, policies through direct interactions.
- Build and maintain relationships with outside vendors for IT related products and services
- Timely reporting of all IT services to HR and Support ServicesTeam Leader
Education + Experience
- Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science Software Engineering, or a related field. Management degree will be an asset.
- 3+ years of experience in managing IT infrastructure and services.
- Experience with computer networks, network administration, and network installation.
- Certifications like RHCE, CCNA/CCNP, MCSE, VCP, ITIL is desirable for proven competency.
- Proficient in firewall applications, computer hardware, cabling installation and support, wireless technology applications and interface, and IT security.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows software, including Server, Exchange Server, Office 365 platform, SharePoint, VMWARE system and Cisco Networks.
- Commitment and seeking to follow and model UMN’s values, goals and vision.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Project and time management skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Able to work under pressure adapting flexible working hours.
- Willing to travel remote areas to perform IT support
- Able to influence, motivate and manage the team
- Can work as a team member and standalone
- A good trainer, eager to build the capacity of others
- Learning attitude
To Apply firstname.lastname@example.org